[Mimedefang] per-user filtering

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jun 24 15:47:49 EDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Aaron Paetznick wrote:

> Has anybody come up with an efficient method of managing filter
> preferences on a per-user/address basis?

There is a stream_by_recipient function (see mimedefang-filter(5).
Once the mail has been streamed, you can use database lookups or
whatever to personalize the rules.

SpamAssassin does support SQL tables for weights, but I have not
looked into it much.

Because most incoming messages (probably 80-90%) are for a single
recipient anyway, stream_by_recipient's overhead might not be too bad.