[Mimedefang] per-user filtering

Aaron Paetznick aaronp at critd.com
Mon Jun 24 14:49:17 EDT 2002

Has anybody come up with an efficient method of managing filter
preferences on a per-user/address basis?  I could "hard-code" user
preferences in the mimedefang-filter file, but I want to give my users
the ability to change their preferences on the fly via a web page.  I'm
thinking either a SQL table or DBM file would be best.

Idealy, I'd want MIMEdefang to "mask" the user's specific filter rules
onto a default global set at a very early stage in the filtering
process.  They would then be able to choose whether they wanted to use
SpamAssassin, Vipul's Razor, File::Scan, etc. and set rules for each
(whitelist, blacklist, etc.).  This would of course be expensive from a
system resource point of view, but I would think that if it was done
right, the performance hit could be managable.

Has anybody coded anything that even aproaches this kind of functionality?

Thanks.

--Aaron