[Mimedefang] A little help, please

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Fri Jun 21 15:45:28 EDT 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Kurt Kesler wrote:

> A couple of questions.  I have installed Mimedefang and SpamAssassin for
> systemwide use. Now I am confused as there are several spamassassin.cf
> files.  Which one do I use?  Or do I move one of these somewhere else?
> Or are they irrelevant when using Mimedefang?

Look at /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.example
Rename that without the .example and MIMEDefang will use that.

If that doesn't exist it'll use:

/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

If that doesn't exist it'll use:

/etc/mail/spamassassin.cf

> Also, when I run the test I get this message.
>
> su-2.05a# spamassassin -r < sample-spam.txt > spam.out
> dccproc: not found
> dccproc: not found

That test procedure doesn't really tell you much, except that SpamAssassin
does or does not work all by itself (without MIMEDefang).

That probably means that SpamAssassin is trying to use DCC, but dccproc
isn't in your path.  Mine, for example, is /usr/local/bin/dccproc (which
is in my path).  If you don't know what DCC is, check the README in
SpamAssassin's source tree.  There's a blurb in there about it.

  Jason

--
Jason Englander
jason at englanders.cc