[Mimedefang] Perl spins chewing CPU

Daniel O'Connor darius at dons.net.au
Thu Jun 20 04:15:59 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 23:19, natecars at real-time.com wrote:
> > I am at a loss for what to do to track the problem down :( I have an
> > example message if anyone is interested :)
>
> I'm interested.  :)

I'll mail it to you separately..

> Is this a high-powered machine, or fairly wimpy?

Happens on a PIII-850 and a dual PII-350.

> There has been talk on the SA list about some tests that need to be
> rewritten to be more efficient.. some that will keep a decent box
> processing a small message for quite a few seconds.
>
> How long have you left the process running?

Days..

I tried removing the 25 body check rules and the message is no longer
fatal..
(I don't get Polish spam anyway, only Korean :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5