[Mimedefang] Your vendor has not defined Sys::Syslog macro _PATH_LOG

Mike Batchelor mikebat at tmcs.net
Tue Jun 18 17:26:47 EDT 2002

--On Tuesday, June 18, 2002 4:42 PM -0400 Jason Englander
<jason at englanders.cc> wrote:

> Try changing line 2585 (in version 2.15 anyway) from unix to inet (and
> restart MD of course).  I use 'unix' in every Perl script I have that
> uses Sys::Syslog, but that's under Linux...

Well that did the trick, however I built this perl on the same host where
mimedefang is running.  This command:

cd /usr/include ; find . -name \*.h -print |xargs grep _PATH_LOG

...returns nothing.  I run Solaris 7/sparc on my Ultra140.  I find no
_PATH_LOG in Solaris 8, either.  I don't think it's reasonable to use
'unix' as the default for syslogging.  But then, I find lots of
unreasonable defaults in software that has appeared since Linux became
prominent.  In many ways, trying to use Solaris in a Linux world is a lot
like trying to use Linux in a Windows world.  Ironic, isn't it?

---
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
 -- Kosh