[Mimedefang] Your vendor has not defined Sys::Syslog macro _PATH_LOG

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Tue Jun 18 16:42:42 EDT 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Mike Batchelor wrote:

> "Your vendor has not defined the Sys::Syslog macro _PATH_LOG at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/Sys/Syslog.pm line 277"
>
> Well, this is stupid since "inet" should be used, not "unix" sockets for

It's not MIMEDefang that's whining, it's perl (the Sys::Syslog module
specifically).  Your perl was built against a syslog.h that's missing
something like this:

#define _PATH_LOG       "/dev/log"

Try changing line 2585 (in version 2.15 anyway) from unix to inet (and
restart MD of course).  I use 'unix' in every Perl script I have that
uses Sys::Syslog, but that's under Linux...

  Jason

--
Jason Englander
jason at englanders.cc