[Mimedefang] Virus Scanning with RAV and MIMEDefang

Bryan Evans bevans at thermpro.com
Thu Jun 13 14:26:26 EDT 2002

I have recently set up MIMEDefang with SpamAssassin and
Reliable Antivirus (RAV).  During testing, I have been sending
the eicar test signature through, but it does not get flagged as
a virus.  When I run ravav from the command line (exactly as it
is called from mimedefang.pl), I can get a return code of 2 (virus
found), but mimedefang returns $code=0, $action="ok".

Has anyone successfully used RAV with MIMEDefang? Any help
or suggestions are appreciated.
Bryan D. Evans