[Mimedefang] Virus scanning tweaks

Mark Roedel MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Mon Jun 10 09:57:41 EDT 2002

Using File::Scan, I'd like to be able to customize the way my filter
responds to particular virus instances.  (Identifying "Klez" messages in
the subject of the notification-to-administrator, for example.)

Is there a better way of going about this than simply scanning for
regular expressions in the $VirusScannerMessages variable?

It looks like the entity_contains_virus_filescan() and
message_contains_virus_filescan() functions use a $virus variable
internally that contains the virus found, if any.  Would it be possible
for that to be added to those functions' return values in a future
version of mimedefang.pl?

---
Mark Roedel           | "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer    |  at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University |  to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- John Powell