[Mimedefang] Problem with ^M's and Razor

Anders Larsen bulk at alarsen.net
Thu Jun 6 17:21:49 EDT 2002

On 2002-06-04 23:24:51 +0200 David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Nate Carlson wrote:
>
> > Hmm.. so this is really a Razor bug then, huh?  :)
>
> Well, I'd say so. :-)

It's not just Razor...

I'm using the Anomy::HTMLCleaner (as well as SpamAssassin/Razor),
and I've noticed that when the Cleaner has tidied up an HTML mail,
the HTML part is then always encoded Quoted-Printable *with '=0D'
at the end of each line*, that is, the Cleaner (or is it
MIME::Entity->build?) chokes on the ^M, too.

I know that sendmail/milter demands the ^M in the output from
mimedefang, but IMHO the clean way of dealing with the above
problems would be to let mimedefang store its intermediary
files without the ^M and add it when the message is re-built
(doesn't it already do the latter? All the boilerplate warnings
only have \n line terminators).

Cheers
  Anders