[Mimedefang] Problem with ^M's and Razor

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Tue Jun 4 14:48:04 EDT 2002

Hey all,

I've noticed a problem where MIMEDefang's way of calling SpamAssassin does
not find the message in the Razor database, even though if I send the
message from my mbox file to razor-check it shows up in the DB.

I ran a packet sniffer, and found that the checksum for the messages that
is being sent from Razor when invoked from Mimedefang is different than
the checksum that is being sent from my mbox file.

I finally decided to have some fun and made a copy of the mdefang spool
directory while it was scanning the message. I took a look at the INPUTMSG
file, and low and behold, there were ^M's at the end of each line. If I
ran razor-check against this file, it would return the same checksum that
was being returned when Mimedefang/SA was querying Razor.

So, my question is, where are the ^M's coming from, and how can I get rid
of 'em?

Software versions:
mimedefang-2.14-1
perl-5.6.0-17
perl-MIME-tools-5.411a-4
perl-IO-stringy-1.216-1
perl-MIME-Base64-2.12-1
perl-HTML-Parser-3.26-1
perl-Digest-SHA1-2.01-1
perl-MailTools-1.45-1
perl-Digest-HMAC-1.01-1
perl-Digest-MD5-2.20-1

Any suggestions appreciated.  (Is anyone else having this problem?)