[Mimedefang] Using relay_check()

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Wed Jul 17 17:12:00 EDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Steve Robb wrote:
> Actually, that's what I am using currently (Sendmail DNSBL feature)
> but I wanted to try out MD's version of it to see how it operated and
> if there was any advantage to doing it one way or the other.
>
> I'm comfortable with configuring Sendmail, it's Perl that I'm weak on
> so I was hoping to get a pointer in the right direction.

If you'd like, you can use the dnsbl stuff built into SpamAssassin. This
works great for the clients that can't afford to risk blocking legit
messages because it's on a dnsbl - instead of rejecting the connection,
you just have SA flag the message with a header that says "this is spam".
Check the mailing list archives for a message from Kelson Vibber with a
subject of 'Re: Spam Assassin Reject' for a nice filter that helps get
this set up.