[Mimedefang] mimedefang + spamassassin + binary attachments

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jul 31 16:29:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Michael Grau wrote:

> The problem seems to be related to the line endings on the message.
> The ENTIRE_MESGAGE has all its line terminated with CR/LF, the gif
> included. I don't belive the gif should have these line ending, at least
> it doesn't have CR's before being sent. Sending the ENTIRE_MESSAGE with
> CR's directly to spamassassin results in zero hits:

Then SpamAssassin is broken.  Anyway, try MIMEDefang 2.17-BETA-1.  It
replaces CRLF with LF everywhere, because a large number of the Perl
modules dealing with MIME are broken (that is, they do not handle
CRLF endings correctly.)

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/mimedefang/mimedefang-2.17-BETA-1.tar.gz