[Mimedefang] New to MIMEDefang, a question or two

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Tue Jul 30 16:54:01 EDT 2002

Hi, I'm in the process of installing MD and reading all the docs to get a
handle on how it works.  One thing I'm curious about - the man page says
that any return value from filter_begin is ignored, and that most of the
dispositions can be called only from filter - not filter_begin or
filter_end.  But the sample filter seems to violate this by calling
action_quarantine_entire_message and action_discard from filter_begin.  Is
this allowed?  My second question is, I can see variables that refer to
some header values, but is the body of the message readily available to
the filter script?  There are some catch phrases that appear in a lot of
the spam I get that I may want to reject on.  If this is possible, could
someone provide a small code sample?  Thanks!

Jim