[Mimedefang] ERR timed out

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jul 30 10:38:00 EDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Rob MacGregor wrote:

> Aha!  There's a bug in the milter library of 8.12.3.  Try upgrading to
> 8.12.5.  That'll most likely solve the problem.

I doubt it -- if the multiplexor says "busy timeout", it's a problem
with the message.  Try using the "-k" flag on mimedefang to keep
failed messages around.  (Oh, wait -- I don't think that flag is
supported on as old a version as 2.9... maybe upgrade.)  Then you can
examine the message for suspicious things like huge messages,
deeply-nested MIME parts, etc.  You can also run mimedefang.pl by hand
in the mdefang-xxx/ directory like this:

	cd /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-xxx
	rm -rf Work/
	mimedefang.pl .

and see what happens.