[Mimedefang] Compile problems with MIMEdefang 2.16 on Solaris 7

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 01:57:01 EDT 2002

>From: "fang LD" <jyang720 at hotmail.com>
>

>I have met following trouble:
>
>1,  MAKE  the mimedefang...

<---SNIP--->
>/usr/local/lib/libmilter.a -lpthread -lnsl -lsocket -lresolv
>Undefined                       first referenced
>symbol                             in file
>__inet_aton         /usr/local/lib/libmilter.a(engine.o)
>__inet_addr         /usr/local/lib/libmilter.a(listener.o)

That looks like a problem with your sendmail build.  Did you install
sendmail from a package or source?

>2,  PATCH  the MIME-tools-5.411a
>
>[testsvr:admin]/appkit/mimedefang/MIME-tools-5.411>patch -p1 <mime*.txt
>  Looks like a new-style context diff.
>File to patch: mime*.txt
>No file found -- skip this patch? [no] n
>File to patch: mime-tools-patch.txt
>Hunk #1 failed at line 9.
>Hunk #2 failed at line 100.
>Hunk #3 failed at line 108.
>Hunk #4 failed at line 133.
>Hunk #5 failed at line 160.
>Hunk #6 failed at line 181.
>Hunk #7 failed at line 200.
>Malformed patch at line 286:
>patch: Line must begin with '+ ', '  ', or '! '.

Could be the file corrupted when you downloaded it.  Have you tried
downloading it again?  Might also be worth actually providing the full name
of the patch file (given the second line of output from patch).

    Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
        me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.

    Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above :)
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: