[Mimedefang] First two headers not written to INPUTMSG

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jul 23 07:31:01 EDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Sidney Markowitz wrote:

> Do I need to kludge it by calling relay_is_blacklisted in filter_recipient
> and adding a custom header that I can write a SpamAssassin rule for?

Yup.  You'd have to "fake" a Received: header.  It's not very
efficient because you have to write the faked header, append the rest
of INPUTMSG, and then call SA on the result.

Frankly, I don't see much value in RBL's.  SpamAssassin by itself is
excellent at identifying spam; you probably wouldn't catch all that
much more by using a RBL.  When (if?) IPv6 ever becomes widespread,
RBL's will go from being marginally helpful to useless, because IP
addresses will be disposable.