[Mimedefang] First two headers not written to INPUTMSG

Sidney Markowitz sidney at sidney.com
Mon Jul 22 21:03:01 EDT 2002

I'm trying to run mimedfang 2.16 (I saw the same behavior in 2.15) with
sendmail 8.12.5 under RedHat 6.2 with the CVS version of SpamAssassin.

It appears that the first two headers of mail is not passed in to
SpamAssassin.

I added the following lines to sub spam_assassin_mail in mimedefang.pl, for
debugging:

This is right after open(IN, "<./INPUTMSG") or return undef; my @msg = <IN>;
close(IN);

my $msgcount = @msg;
if ($msgcount > 3) { $msgcount = 3; }

for (my $i=0; $i < $msgcount; $i++) {
  syslog('warning', "Line $i is $msg[$i]");
}

The log output shows that the first two headers of every incoming mail are
not there in the INPUTMSG file. On my system that is the Return-Path and the
first Received header.

Naturally this wreaks havoc with any SpamAssassin rules that rely on either
of those headers.

Does anyone else see this or have some insight about what might be goiung
wrong?

 -- sidney