[Mimedefang] RE: Large attachment timeouts

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jul 22 17:49:01 EDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Stefano McGhee wrote:

> I've done that before (-k and running mimedefang manually) and it seems to
> confirm that it takes a long time or never finishes.  A message today timed
> out, and was about 7.5MB.

:-)

A 7.5MB e-mail?  You have a problem with user education.  I set my
"O MaxMessageSize" to 1000000.  I used to limit it to 100kB, but that
caused problems when my sister sent me photos. :-(

I expect that a lot of things like SpamAssassin and File::Scan will be
pathologically slow on messages larger than a megabyte or so.