[Mimedefang] Large attachment timeouts

Stefano McGhee SMcGhee at ARCweb.com
Mon Jul 22 09:01:01 EDT 2002

Hello All,
	Thanks for your suggestions, David.  Actually I misspoke earlier; I
has SpamAssassin (SA) set to 64kb only already.  I have made the other
change you suggested:

>> The part that I don't like, is that even
>> though I DON'T have F=T in my sendmail.mc/cf file.  Sendmail 451's the
>> message.

>That's because if the multiplexor detects a timeout (rather than
Sendmail), it
>explicitly returns SMFIS_TEMPFAIL.  If you do not want this behavior, then
set
>MIMEDefang's busy timeout to a *larger* value than Sendmail's "entire
processing
>time" timeout.

I have done this and it seems to have really cut down on the messages
getting 451'd.  Is there a way to track down the the perpetrator of the
original timeouts?  I've seen the finger pointed at SA, File:Scan and
Mail:Tools.  Is it possible to track this down any easier?

Cheers,

Stefano