[Mimedefang] Virus Scanner Scanning attachment twice in 2.16?

Anthony Giggins agiggins at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 21 02:29:01 EDT 2002

Thanks David

-----Original Message-----
From: mimedefang-admin at lists.roaringpenguin.com
[mailto:mimedefang-admin at lists.roaringpenguin.com] On Behalf Of David F.
Skoll
Sent: Sunday, 21 July 2002 11:58 AM
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Virus Scanner Scanning attachment twice in
2.16?

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> I've just upgraded from 2.15 to 2.16 and now when I send a test virus
> through it appears its being scanned twice?

It's not being scanned twice.  It's just that virus-scanner
messages accumulate, so both message_contains_virus_trend and
entity_contains_virus_trend add to the messages.

To fix this, change your filter as follows:

    if (!$Handled) {
	if ((-s "./INPUTMSG") <= (1000 * 1024)) {
           $VirusFound = message_contains_virus_trend();

	   # ADD NEXT LINE TO CLEAR MESSAGES -- we'll pick them up with
	   # entity_contains_virus_trend()
	   $VirusScannerMessages = "";
	}
    }