[Mimedefang] Trying to understand MD's log entries

Weyland nw2linux at varangiankindred.org
Thu Jul 18 09:40:01 EDT 2002

On Monday 15 July 2002 12:04 pm, David F. Skoll spake:

> Are you getting larger messages than before?  Try the following:
>
> - Reduce the maximum size of messages passed to SpamAssassin (to around
> 64kB) SA is very slow on large messages.

Ever since doing this, there have been no problems.

> - Increase the busy timeout (both in your Sendmail config file and the
>   mimedefang invocation.)

Was going to, but the above fixed the
problem, so didn't want to adjust things willy-nilly.

> - Monitor system load (try "sar")

sar response looks *FINE*, with never more than 2% being used.

> - Use the "-k" option to mimedefang so that failed messages are kept; then
>   tar up one of the failed mdefang-* directories and send it to me
> off-list.

If it happens again, I will, but it's been acting fine so far.

Thank you for the help~!

Weyland