[Mimedefang] Gibberish in the subject line

Dave Williss dwilliss at microimages.com
Tue Jul 16 10:33:01 EDT 2002

It's probably in some other encoding and either it's not formatted correctly
for
your email client to figure out what encoding it is.

I've gotten a number of Spams that were in Japanese and Korean.

Unless there's some reason why people would be sending you legitimate emails
in some other language, you can probably safely assume it's Spam.

As for how to block it: There are a number of characters there with ASCII
codes
greater than 127.  If you only care about Latin characters you could just
search for
any such characters.  But that would also block words like "resume" if it
had an
accent on the final "e".