[Mimedefang] Trying to understand MD's log entries

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Jul 15 12:05:01 EDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Weyland wrote:

> I see that MD is getting a lot of timeout errors that
> have suddenly started happening since a few days ago.

Are you getting larger messages than before?  Try the following:

- Reduce the maximum size of messages passed to SpamAssassin (to around 64kB)
  SA is very slow on large messages.
- Increase the busy timeout (both in your Sendmail config file and the
  mimedefang invocation.)
- Monitor system load (try "sar")
- Use the "-k" option to mimedefang so that failed messages are kept; then
  tar up one of the failed mdefang-* directories and send it to me off-list.