[Mimedefang] spamassassin - memory or cpuintensive

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Sun Jul 14 22:30:01 EDT 2002

What I've noticed on a setup that is getting around 35K messages daily
is the CPU is the big hitter.  I'm using a filter that is real close to
the stock example for windows clients and I tend to be using about 512mb
(running on a UltraSparc runniing Sol 8).  The box has 2 gigs but never
comes close to using it all.  CPU on the other hand, is taking quite a
beating.  During the normal business day, I tend to run between 4 and 10
on the load average.  After hours it tends to drop quite a bit.  Another
real helper would most certainly be having the MIMEDefang spool
directory on some form of RAM disk and dump the quarantine files some
where else for further processing.