[Mimedefang] Virus Scanners

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Wed Jul 10 14:35:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 01:38:23PM -0400, Adam Beatham wrote:
> So I have a couple of dumb questions.  What would be the best way to
> implement dual scanners within the same filter?

=> this may be Off Topic but you could use another antivirus configured
as a second Milter filter too.
If you're running FreeBSD or Linux, there is some Ravantivirus Milter
version : http://www.ravantivirus.com/pages/showproduct.php?p=28
It looks appealing and the pricing is per sendmail's domain.
There is some eval version for 60 days.

> And just how does File::SCan work.. I actually use it on another system,
> just for minimal protection at this point.  but how does one update the
> signatures and what not?

=> Last time I had a look you had to install the whole new File::Scan
perl module if memory serves me right.
There was no database of signatures that could be donwloaded.
I found the list of signatures rather incomplete.

regards,

SL/

--
---
Stephane Lentz / Alcanet International - Internet Services