[Mimedefang] sendmail as mail proxy

Tim Kramer kramer.tim at cox.net
Mon Jul 8 19:46:01 EDT 2002

If anyone actually does this, please include version numbers
for everything and also include the operating system used.

I tried to use MIMEDefang in a heavy production environment
using BSDi, Linux, and FreeBSD.  I was limited to these three
choices because of the available (already purchased) command
line virus scanner.  In each case, there was a technical
obsticle which needed work.  The configuration of MD, SA, and
virus scanner which worked the best involved the BSDi OS with
the Linux App Platform loaded.  Unfortunately it's not the
most recent version of BSDi.

Since then, I've experimented with "adapting" MD to run from a
script rather than as a  milter.  (Which has it's own drawbacks
but appears to be much more stable on the older commercial OS.)

- Tim