[Mimedefang] Replace Large Attachments with URL's

Kurt Kesler atwork at keslers.net
Wed Jul 3 13:03:30 EDT 2002

Well, I added it into the filter section and restarted.  Testing showed
no errors but it still does not appear to function.  Here is the
relevant section:

Thanks,
Kurt

#***********************************************************************
sub filter {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;

    if (filter_bad_filename($entity)) {
        return action_quarantine($entity, "An attachment named $fname
was removed from this document as
it\nconstituted a security hazard.  If you require this document, please
contact\nthe sender and arrange an
alternate means of receiving it.\n");
    }

    # eml is bad if it's not multipart
    if (re_match($entity, '\.eml')) {
        return action_quarantine($entity, "A non-multipart attachment
named $fname was removed from this
document as it\nconstituted a security hazard.  If you require this
document, please contact\nthe sender
and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.\n");
    }
    # Clean up HTML if Anomy::HTMLCleaner is installed.
    if ($Features{"HTMLCleaner"}) {
        if ($type eq "text/html") {
            return anomy_clean_html($entity);
        }
#Added section for dealing with large attachments
#**********************************************************************
$size = (stat($entity->bodyhandle->path))[7];
if ($size > 1000000) {
    return action_replace_with_url($entity,
        "/usr/local/www/data/mail_parts",
        "http://www.keslers.net/mail_parts",
        "The attachment $fname was larger than 10,000,000 bytes.\n" .
        "It was removed, but may be accessed at this URL:\n\n" .
        "\t_URL_\n");
    }
}
    return action_accept();