[Mimedefang] Replace Large Attachments with URL's

Kurt Kesler atwork at keslers.net
Wed Jul 3 08:40:41 EDT 2002

Here it is.

Thanks,
Kurt

# -*- Perl -*-
#***********************************************************************
#
# mimedefang-filter
#
# Suggested minimum-protection filter for Microsoft Windows clients,
plus
# SpamAssassin checks if SpamAssassin is installed.
#
# Copyright (C) 2002 Roaring Penguin Software Inc.
#
# This program may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General
# Public License, Version 2, or (at your option) any later version.
#
# $Id: suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients,v 1.34 2002/05/31
16:44:04 dfs Exp $
#***********************************************************************

#***********************************************************************
# Set administrator's e-mail address here.  The administrator receives
# quarantine messages and is listed as the contact for site-wide
# MIMEDefang policy.  A good example would be
'defang-admin at mydomain.com'
#***********************************************************************
$AdminAddress = 'defang-admin at keslers.net';
$AdminName = "MIMEDefang Administrator's Full Name";

#***********************************************************************
# Set the e-mail address from which MIMEDefang quarantine warnings and
# user notifications appear to come.  A good example would be
# 'mimedefang at mydomain.com'.  Make sure to have an alias for this
# address if you want replies to it to work.
#***********************************************************************
$DaemonAddress = 'mimedefang at keslers.net';

#***********************************************************************
# If you set $AddWarningsInline to 1, then MIMEDefang tries *very* hard
# to add warnings directly in the message body (text or html) rather
# than adding a separate "WARNING.TXT" MIME part.  If the message
# has no text or html part, then a separate MIME part is still used.
#***********************************************************************
$AddWarningsInline = 0;

#***********************************************************************
# Set various stupid things your mail client does below.
#***********************************************************************

# Set the next one if your mail client cannot handle nested multipart
# messages.  DO NOT set this lightly; it will cause action_add_part to
# work rather strangely.  Leave it at zero, even for MS Outlook, unless
# you have serious problems.
$Stupidity{"flatten"} = 0;

# Set the next one if your mail client cannot handle multiple "inline"
# parts.
$Stupidity{"NoMultipleInlines"} = 0;

# This procedure returns true for entities with bad filenames.
sub filter_bad_filename {
    my($entity) = @_;
    my($bad_exts, $re);

    # Bad extensions
    $bad_exts =
'(ade|adp|bas|bat|chm|cmd|com|cpl|crt|dll|exe|hlp|hta|inf|ini|ins|isp|jse?|lib|lnk|mdb|mde|msc|msi|msp|mst|ocx|pcd|pif|reg|scr|sct|shb|shs|sys|url|vb|vbe|vbs|vxd|wsc|wsf|wsh)';

    # Do not allow:
    # - curlies
    # - bad extensions (possibly with trailing dots) at end or
    #   followed by non-alphanum
    $re = '(\{)|(\})|(\.' . $bad_exts . ')\.*([^-A-Za-z0-9_.]|$)';
    return re_match($entity, $re);
}

# sub test {
#     my($bad_exts, $re);

#     # Bad extensions
#     $bad_exts =
'(ade|adp|bas|bat|chm|cmd|com|cpl|crt|dll|exe|hlp|hta|inf|ini|ins|isp|jse?|lib|lnk|mdb|mde|msc|msi|msp|mst|ocx|pcd|pif|reg|scr|sct|shb|shs|sys|url|vb|vbe|vbs|vxd|wsc|wsf|wsh)';

#     # Do not allow:
#     # - curlies
#     # - bad extensions (possibly with trailing dots) at end or
#     #   followed by non-alphanum
#     $re = '(\{)|(\})|(\.' . $bad_exts . ')\.*([^-A-Za-z0-9_.]|$)';
#     while(<>) {
#       chomp;
#       print;
#       if ($_ =~ /$re/i) {
#           print " MATCHES";
#       }
#       print("\n");
#     }
# }
# test();

#***********************************************************************
# %PROCEDURE: filter_begin
# %ARGUMENTS:
#  None
# %RETURNS:
#  Nothing
#  Called just before e-mail parts are processed
#***********************************************************************
sub filter_begin {
    # ALWAYS drop messages with suspicious chars in headers or body
    if ($SuspiciousCharsInHeaders || $SuspiciousCharsInBody) {
        action_quarantine_entire_message();
        if ($SuspiciousCharsInHeaders) {
            action_notify_administrator("Message quarantined because of
suspicious characters in headers");
        } else {
            action_notify_administrator("Message quarantined because of
suspicious characters in body");
        }
        # Do NOT allow message to reach recipient(s)
        return action_discard();
    }
}

#***********************************************************************
# %PROCEDURE: filter
# %ARGUMENTS:
#  entity -- a Mime::Entity object (see MIME-tools documentation for
details)
#  fname -- the suggested filename, taken from the MIME
#  This function is called once for each part of a MIME message.
#  There are many action_*() routines which can decide the fate
#  of each part; see the mimedefang-filter man page.
#***********************************************************************
sub filter {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;

    if (filter_bad_filename($entity)) {
        return action_quarantine($entity, "An attachment named $fname
was removed from this document as
it\nconstituted a security hazard.  If you require this document, please
contact\nthe sender and arrange an
alternate means of receiving it.\n");
    }

    # eml is bad if it's not multipart
    if (re_match($entity, '\.eml')) {
        return action_quarantine($entity, "A non-multipart attachment
named $fname was removed from this
document as it\nconstituted a security hazard.  If you require this
document, please contact\nthe sender
and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.\n");
    }
    # Clean up HTML if Anomy::HTMLCleaner is installed.
    if ($Features{"HTMLCleaner"}) {
        if ($type eq "text/html") {
            return anomy_clean_html($entity);
        }
    }

    return action_accept();
}

#***********************************************************************
# %PROCEDURE: filter_multipart
# %ARGUMENTS:
#  entity -- a Mime::Entity object (see MIME-tools documentation for
details)
#  fname -- the suggested filename, taken from the MIME
#  This is called for multipart "container" parts such as
message/rfc822.
#  You cannot replace the body (because multipart parts have no body),
#  but you should check for bad filenames.
#***********************************************************************
sub filter_multipart {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;

    if (filter_bad_filename($entity)) {
        action_notify_administrator("A MULTIPART attachment of type
$type, named $fname was dropped.\n");
        return action_drop_with_warning("An attachment of type $type,
named $fname was removed from this
document as it\nconstituted a security hazard.  If you require this
document, please contact\nthe sender
and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.\n");
    }

    # eml is bad if it's not message/rfc822
    if (re_match($entity, '\.eml') and ($type ne "message/rfc822")) {
        return action_drop_with_warning("A non-message/rfc822 attachment
named $fname was removed from this
document as it\nconstituted a security hazard.  If you require this
document, please contact\nthe sender
and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.\n");
    }

    return action_accept();
}

#Added section for dealing with large attachments
#**********************************************************************
 $size = (stat($entity->bodyhandle->path))[7];
 if ($size > 10000000) {
        return action_replace_with_url($entity,
        "/usr/local/www/data/",
        "http://www.keslers.net/",
        "The attachment $fname was larger than 10,000,000 bytes.\n" .
        "It was removed, but may be accessed at this URL:\n\n" .
        "\t_URL_\n");
}

#***********************************************************************
# %PROCEDURE: defang_warning
# %ARGUMENTS:
#  oldfname -- the old file name of an attachment
#  fname -- the new "defanged" name
# %RETURNS:
#  A warning message
#  This function customizes the warning message when an attachment
#  is defanged.
#***********************************************************************
sub defang_warning {
    my($oldfname, $fname) = @_;
    return
        "An attachment named '$oldfname' was converted to '$fname'.\n" .
        "To recover the file, right-click on the attachment and Save
As\n" .
        "'$oldfname'\n";
}

# If SpamAssassin found SPAM, append report.  We do it as a separate
# attachment of type text/plain
sub filter_end {
    my($entity) = @_;

    # No sense doing any extra work
    return if message_rejected();

    # Spam checks if SpamAssassin is installed
    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
        if (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 256*1024) {
            # Only scan messages smaller than 256kB.  Larger messages
            # are extremely unlikely to be spam, and SpamAssassin is
            # dreadfully slow on very large messages.
            my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
            if ($hits >= $req) {
                my($score);
                if ($hits < 40) {
                    $score = "*" x int($hits);
                } else {
                    $score = "*" x 40;
                }
                # We add a header which looks like this:
                # The number of asterisks in parens is the integer part
                # of the spam score clamped to a maximum of 40.
                # MUA filters can easily be written to trigger on a
                # minimum number of asterisks...

                action_add_part($entity, "text/plain", "-suggest",
                                "$report\n",
                                "SpamAssassinReport.txt", "inline");

                action_change_header("X-Spam-Score", "$hits ($score)
$names");

                action_quarantine_entire_message("$report\n");

                # If you find the SA report useful, add it, I guess...
                #action_add_part($entity, "text/plain", "-suggest",
                #                "$report\n",
                #               "SpamAssassinReport.txt", "inline");

                # Do NOT allow message to reach recipient(s)
                action_discard();
            }
        }
    }
}

# Get rid of the hahaha at sexyfun.net to avoid bounces on <> address
if ($lc_fname eq 'joke.exe' || $lc_fname eq 'sexy virgin.scr' ||
   $lc_fname eq 'midgets.scr' || $lc_fname eq 'dwarf4you.exe'){
   return action_bounce("The attachment $lc_fname contains a virus:
[W32/Hybris.gen\@MM virus]");
}
# DO NOT delete the next line, or Perl will complain.
1;