[Mimedefang] Ooops... action_external_filter() is broken; here'sa fix

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Thu Jan 3 13:31:13 EST 2002

>You have to change it "manually".  Code snippet goes something like
>this:
>
>   action_external_filter($entity, "html2text blah blah...");
>   $entity->effective_type("text/plain");
>   $entity->head->mime_attr("Content-Type" => "text/plain");
>
>Unfortunately, you have to become fairly familiar with the MIME::Entity
>and MIME::Head man pages.

That did the trick! Thanks, and yeah, those man pages are on my ToRead list. Unfortunately 24 hours in a day is just not enough sometimes... :-(  But I'll get to it and stop asking silly questions. :- Thanks again for giving me this fix. It'll make my wife happy as eBay has started to send endofauction notices in HTML instead of plain text and it's driving her crazy.

have a good day

Paul