[Mimedefang] NAI uvscan DAT-update

Karel.DeBruyne dbruyne at uia.ua.ac.be
Tue Jan 29 04:14:18 EST 2002

Hi,

with the new virus (W32/Myparty.a at MM) I noticed it takes a long time for
NAI to update ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x (still isn't
updated)

But now, I discovered the existence of
http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/daily_dats/DAILYDAT.zip

Is anyone using this DAT-file to update uvscan?

Karel

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Someone wrote about a virus which does not use MIME encoding, but uuencodes
> itself in the body.  MIMEDefang 2.3 stopped it; please let me know if
> it got through your MIMEDefang setup.  I think around 2.0 or so, I added
> support for uuencoded attachments.  If it got through your setup, please
> upgrade!
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Karel De Bruyne
System/Network Manager                      phone      + 32 3 820 22 04
UIA - Network Service                       fax        + 32 71 83 43 00
Universiteitsplein 1 - B0.12                email  dbruyne at uia.ua.ac.be
B 2610 Wilrijk - Belgium              http://www.uia.ua.ac.be/u/dbruyne