[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin 2.0 progress...

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Thu Jan 24 20:12:01 EST 2002

On 24 Jan 2002 at 12:02, Mark Roedel wrote:

> > From: Nels Lindquist [mailto:nlindq at maei.ca]
> >
> > I've been looking into this a bit.  It seems that they're deprecating
> > the perl interface for SpamAssassin with v 2.0.  I installed it on a
> > test server with MIMEDefang 2.3, but I get these errors:
>
> I don't get that impression from what I've seen on the SA mailing list,
> or what I see so far in the source.  (Although it does appear that they
> prefer the use of their new NoMailAudit module to MyMailAudit...not sure
> what implications that has to MimeDefang's way of doing things, but
> where there's a will...)

I was judging based on the section in the README file regarding the
installation of Mail::Audit where it says, "This is no longer
recommended."

Of course, if they're replacing the Mail::Audit module with one of
their own, this makes sense.  I didn't see any reference to
Mail::SpamAssassin::NoMailAudit the SA2 documentation, and the
manpage for Mail::SpamAssassin still references ::MyMailAudit->new().

I tried to make use of ::NoMailAudit, but NoMailAudit->new() doesn't
seem to like the \*IN reference it's called with.  I get errors like
this:

> mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Not an ARRAY reference at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Mail/SpamAssassin/NoMailAudit.pm line
> 93.

I was able to get everything working by adding "use Mail::Audit" to
mimedefang.pl, and then changing the Mail::SpamAssassin::MyMailAudit
references in the appropriate spots:
my $mail = Mail::Audit->new(data=>\*IN);

Any ideas on getting NoMailAudit to work?
----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.