[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin 2.0 progress...

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Thu Jan 24 12:57:36 EST 2002

On 23 Jan 2002 at 15:10, Mark Roedel wrote:

> If I remember the discussion correctly, there were some subtle
> incompatibilities between MimeDefang 2.3 and the SpamAssassin 2.0
> snapshots, largely because the SA snapshots were characterized on their
> website as development/beta-level releases.  Did anybody ever get it
> working?  If not, are there any plans to revisit it now that 2.0 has
> been tagged as a stable release?

I've been looking into this a bit.  It seems that they're deprecating
the perl interface for SpamAssassin with v 2.0.  I installed it on a
test server with MIMEDefang 2.3, but I get these errors:

> mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr: Can't locate object method
> "new" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin::MyMailAudit" at /usr/local/bi
> n/mimedefang.pl line 2085.

The Mail::SpamAssassin::MyMailAudit->new() method is still present in
the documentation that comes with SA 2.0, but perhaps they've broken
something.
----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager