[Mimedefang] (no subject)

Karel.DeBruyne dbruyne at uia.ua.ac.be
Tue Jan 22 08:23:11 EST 2002

Hi,

yesterday, I installed MIMEDefang 2.3, with the multiplexor and it seems
stable to me.
The hardware is a Sun E450 512MB 2 processors.
The OS is Solaris 7

These are the parameters I'm using to start the multiplexor:
MAX_SLAVES=25
MIN_SLAVES=5
BUSY_TIMEOUT=30
IDLE_TIMEOUT=300

Are these settings reasonable for a mailserver processing +-15000
mails/day ?

In my log-files I can find this message twice today :
mimedefang[19762]: Error from multiplexor: error: Error talking to slave process

>From the sources, I found out this message means there was am
EVENT_TCP_FLAG_TIMEOUT or an EVENT_TCP_FLAG_IOERROR

Is it reasonable to conclude there was a timeout, and should I modify the
startup-parameters ?

Thanks,

Karel
Karel De Bruyne
System/Network Manager                      phone      + 32 3 820 22 04
UIA - Network Service                       fax        + 32 71 83 43 00
Universiteitsplein 1 - B0.12                email  dbruyne at uia.ua.ac.be
B 2610 Wilrijk - Belgium              http://www.uia.ua.ac.be/u/dbruyne