EBADF (was Re: [Mimedefang] 2.2 Mutiplexor not plexing)

Wladyslaw Pietraszek wap at cs.auc.dk
Thu Jan 17 06:33:51 EST 2002

>On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Nathan Schimke wrote:
>
>> It seems that when two threads try to create temporary directories at
>> the same time, mkdir() fails in at least one of the threads with error
>> EBADF.
>
>Well, that's nasty.  I do not have access to Solaris 8, but neither the
>Linux mkdir(2) nor the Solaris 2.7 mkdir(2) man pages indicate that
>mkdir can return EBADF.  I will apply the patch, but I think it's a bug
>in the operating system rather than MIMEDefang (of course! :-))

The same problem was experienced on Intel version of Solaris8
running on a 2 CPU host when using MIMEDefang-2.2 (daily statistic:
appr. 450 "try later" milter rejects from  appr 8000 e-mails).

Also in Solaris 8 documentation (man, AnswerBook) EBADF
is NOT documented (!) as mkdir(2) return.

Many thanks to Nathan for providing the patch. Seems to be working
also on Solaris8/Intel.

Regards

W. A. Pietraszek