[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin reports

Jeff Heinen jeff.heinen at inherent.com
Thu Jan 10 18:12:12 EST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Rice, Kevin [mailto:krice at spss.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 11:31 AM

> Is there any way to have MimeDefang pass through the report Spam Assassin
> would normally generate in the body of a message?

Ok, You will want to find someone better versed in MIMEDefang to tell you
what is the 'right' way. If I initialized variables without the use of the
'my' localization, it was available later in the filter.

i.e.:

sub filter_begin {

        my $hits;
        my $req;
        my $names;
        $report = "";
        $is_spam = 0;

	  ($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();

... Means I can use it later here.

sub filter_end {
       my($entity) = @_;
       append_boilerplate($entity, $report) if ($is_spam);
}

... Now append_boilerplate does strange things for me, but that's another
matter. I know milter itself is threaded, I'm guessing however, that the
mimedefang's filter is not called that way, so this will work for all
instances. I'd get a second opinion on that however.

-Jeff