[Mimedefang] Mimedefang 2.3 beta 3 and Spam Assassin 2.0

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Jan 10 17:55:47 EST 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Michael McCarthy wrote:

> Are you sure? mimedefang.pl explicitly sets
>     userprefs_filename => "/etc/mail/spamassassin.cf"
> in the SpamAssassin constructor.
> This file has "rewrite_subject 0" by default. If you comment it out....

...nothing happens, because MIMEDefang has its own Milter-based
mechanism for rewriting headers.  Any changes made (or attempted) by the
SpamAssassin code are ignored.

> Doesn't Mail::SpamAssassin use the same rules for loading config and prefs
> files as per the spamassassin man page - ie. it looks in a multitude of
> places and loads spamassasin.cf and .prefs files in a specific order.

I do not know.  I do not consider the integration of SpamAssassin finished --
I'd like some SA experts to review it and give their verdict as to its
quality.