[Mimedefang] Mimedefang 2.3 beta 3 and Spam Assassin 2.0

Rice, Kevin krice at spss.com
Thu Jan 10 06:57:28 EST 2002

Yep. That's what I did. I'm trying a couple different alternatives for what
its worth. i've tried Exim + Spam Assassin and ran outta memory...I was
hoping that using Sendmail and the mimedefang multiplexor might fix that
problem. What would be really worthwhile is if mimedefang used spamc and let
spamd be the workhorse behind filtering rather than calling into Spam
Assassin directly. I beleive the problem may be differences in the
constructor call in mimedefang and how its actually defined in Spam Assassin
2.0. It looks like it checks the version of Mail::Audit and if it's greater
than 1.9 (I've got Mail::Audit 2.0), it just does a super() call to call the
inherited constructor.