[Mimedefang] 2.2 Mutiplexor not plexing

Michael D. Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Tue Jan 8 16:21:02 EST 2002

At 04:13 PM 1/8/2002 -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
>> Yes and yes.  In fact, without the multiplexor it's doubtful mimedefang
>> could have kept up with the load.
>
>Are you getting log messages like this:
>
>"Could not make slave's stderr non-blocking: <reason>"?
>
>If so, that is definitely a problem.  I'm diffing the two versions right
>now, and the stderr-handling is the only major change between the versions.

No.  The only messages logged are normal starting, stoping, reaping slaves
etc.

The stderr handling is nice.  But, perhaps it should be optional for debugging
(assuming that's the source of the problem).

Mike

Michael Sofka                          sofkam at rpi.edu
CCT Sr. Systems Programmer  email, webmail, listproc, TeX, epistemology.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.    http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/