action_replace_with_url (was Re: [Mimedefang] Mimedefang-multiplexor and working directories)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jan 4 18:29:54 EST 2002

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>     Right now, if sender X sends an attachment to let's say four different
> recipients on our domain, MD will create four different instances of that
> attachment for those four recipients to go grab (I have MD setup to dump
> attachments to an internal web server).

Are you talking about action_replace_with_url?  No, it should create
only *one* instance of the attachment.  It works by calculating
the SHA-1 hash of the attachment and constructing a file name from
that.  If two different attachments hash to the same SHA-1 value,
either you have won the lottery fifty times consecutively, or someone
has broken SHA-1. :-)

If you could post your filter, perhaps I could help figure it out.