[Mimedefang] Multiplexor stats

Mark Roedel MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Fri Jan 4 11:22:59 EST 2002

I finally got around to implementing mimdefang-multiplexor this past
weekend (in response to the additional load created by SpamAssassin
checking) and I've gotta say I'm pretty impressed.  It looks like, at
least for now, this'll make the difference between being able to get a
little more mileage out of the existing hardware and requiring a new
box...definitely a good thing in an academic environment like ours.

I don't know how hard it would be to do, but it'd be nice to have some
sort of way to get a quick summary of stats from the multiplexor,
similar to the stats handler that apache has.  Things that I'd find
interesting would include stuff like:

	highest number of slave threads that have run
	number of messages rejected because max threads was reached
	for currently running slave threads:
		number of messages processed
		current status (busy/idle)
		how long in current status

Is this sort of thing a possibility?

---
Mark Roedel           | "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer    |  at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University |  to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- John Powell