[Mimedefang] Example needed for action_external_filter

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Wed Jan 2 13:36:48 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to set up MIMEDefang with Sendmail 8.12.1 on a FreeBSD 4.3 system. My intention if to filter all incoming mail and convert HTML email to text using the HTML2text tool (http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~mbayer/tools/html2text.html). I'm trying to set it up as an external filter (action_external_filter) but am unable to figure out how to do it. Yes, MIMEdefang newbie here.

My current code snippet (based on what I found in the examples) for it is:

if ($type eq "text/html") {
       return action_external_filter($entity,"/usr/local/bin/html2text <./FILTERINPUT > ./FILTEROUTPUT");
    }

But this generates a whole load of errors and when the filter is running sendmail won't accept incoming mail stating "please try later".
.
Anybody willing to help me out here? Thanks in advance!

Paul