[Mimedefang] Re: making quaranteened parts available

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 28 14:48:57 EST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Douglas J Hunley wrote:

> ok. I got action_replace_with_url working in my filter()
> can't say I'm happy with it though. I ran some messages through it, they got
> caught, but the "please visit this url to get your attachment" response was
> not in the body of the message it was in an attachment to the message. and I
> didn't get a Quarantine report either...

Well, they aren't quarantined, so you won't get a report.  I think you'll
have to roll your own code using action_replace_with_url as an example.

The reason the notice is put as an attachment instead of in the message body
is that it is hell to edit message bodies.  What is "the message body?"  Is
it the first plain-text part?  The first HTML part?  How about if the
message is multipart/alternative, with a plain-text part followed by an
equivalent HTML part?  Then you have to insert the message in both parts.

So I gave up and added it as an attachment with disposition "inline".
I realize that M$ Outlook ignores the disposition and shows it as
an attachment, but any decent mail client will show the attachment
inline with the main message.