[Mimedefang] telling mimedefang this message is ok

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 28 09:15:12 EST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Douglas J Hunley wrote:

> is there any way to run/configure mimedefang to tell it that a
> certain message is ok and should not be quarantined? ok, I know
> there is a way, but bear with me..  I have a certain cron job that
> runs and when it does, it restarts a service on my machine. the
> /etc/rc.d script that restarts the service can't tell that it is
> running from cron, so it goes ahead and tries to print fancy colored
> output to the screen. these show up as ascii control characters in
> the email.

Two options:

1) Filter the output of your cron job through something which gets rid of the
control characters.

2) Have MIMEDefang check the relay address and sender.  You definitely must
check the relay address, not just the sender.  Something like this in
filter_begin or filter:

if ($RelayAddr eq "ip.of.internal.mailsender" &&
    $Sender eq "<root at machine.whatever.com>") {
	return action_accept();
}