[Mimedefang] integrating spamassassin

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 28 09:12:30 EST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Douglas J Hunley wrote:

> But I have some questions. If I enable the spamassassin (sa from now on)
> call, does the email get the complete sa markup or does it just get certain
> headers added?

Nothing.  In MIMEDefang, we do not allow sa to mark up the message.  It is
used only to detect spam; it's up to you to write filter rules to mark
up the message if you choose to do so.

> does the call to sa still
> follow all the normal processing of sa? in other words, does all my sitewide
> configuration of sa still kick in?

MIMEDefang calls sa with the configuration file "/etc/mail/spamassassin.cf".
This may or may not be your normal sitewide configuration file, but anything
you put in it applies to all scanned mail.