[Mimedefang] Newbie question....

Mark Roedel MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Tue Feb 26 15:20:21 EST 2002

I've seen a lot less of this since I started using the Multiplexor, so
if you're not doing that already, you might consider it.  (And if you
are, it might be worth enabling the multiplexor logging to help you get
a feel for whether your parameters might need a bit of tweaking.)

Having said that...

In my experience, a filter timeout results in a TempFail being sent to
the sending MTA, which in turn means that it'll take another shot at
sending the message later. As I understand things, then, there shouldn't
be any real need to try to reprocess those particular directories...I've
just got a cronjob that runs hourly to remove any of the MIMEDefang work
directories that are more than two hours old.

---
Mark Roedel           | "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer    |  at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University |  to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- John Powell