[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.6 Relay Checking

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 26 11:43:27 EST 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Mark Roedel wrote:

> I'm not using filter_relay() in my filtering script yet.  I notice in my
> multiplexor logs, though, that slaves are occasionally getting started
> with a reason message of "About to check relay."

> Is this normal?  What's actually being checked when this happens?

This is normal.  If you delve into the C code, you'll see that it
calls MXRelayOK (mimedefang.c, line 561) which sends a message to the
multiplexor, which forwards it to a slave... eventually, the answer
comes back to mimedefang.c.

You should not notice much (if any) of a performance impact.  If you
do, let me know, and I'll add a switch to mimedefang.c which makes
these checks optional.