[Mimedefang] (newbie) db with attachment types

Mark Roedel MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Wed Feb 20 10:46:00 EST 2002

It'd certainly be *possible*...your filter is a script written in Perl,
so it'll be able to do anything that Perl can do, including accessing
MySQL (assuming you've got the appropriate DBD stuff set up).

Whether it's actually a good idea, or the best way to do what you're
wanting, may be a separate discussion.  (For starters, I'm not totally
sure from reading your question whether you're actually wanting
MIMEDefang to log what it sees to the database, or to read part of its
configuration from it.)

---
Mark Roedel           | "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer    |  at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University |  to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- John Powell