[Mimedefang] Repeated $VirusScannerMessages?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun Feb 17 14:07:15 EST 2002

"David F. Skoll" wrote:

> sub filter_begin {
>         $MyAntivirusMessages = "";
>         if (message_contains_virus_nai()) {
>                 $MyAntivirusMessages = $VirusScannerMessages;
>         }
> }

    While this suggestion took care of several multiplication of the messages, I now I get this:

The attachment 'eicar.com' contains a known virus.  It has been removed.
Here is the output from the virus scanner:
>>> Virus 'EICAR-AV-Test' found in file ./Work/msg-1576-2.com
>>> Virus 'W32/Magistr-B' found in file ./Work/msg-1576-3.exe

The attachment 'kSELECT.exe' contains a known virus.  It has been removed.
Here is the output from the virus scanner:
>>> Virus 'EICAR-AV-Test' found in file ./Work/msg-1576-2.com
>>> Virus 'W32/Magistr-B' found in file ./Work/msg-1576-3.exe

    To me it looks as if MD is passing both attachments to the scanner each time.  I wonder if clearing $MyAntivirusMessages within the notification routine takes care of the duplicate msg.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130