[Mimedefang] external_filter problem

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 12 12:19:30 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> Ah, I was close.  I didn't have the second line.  Now, I'm assuming
> MD knows where 'foo.txt' is, correct?  In other words, I don't have to
> tell it the full path, correct?

"foo.txt" isn't used by MIMEDefang; it's just used to change the
extension to .txt.  The problem is that Windoze systems are schizophrenic:
They sometimes believe the MIME type, and they sometimes believe the
filename extension, and it's impossible to know which way they'll go.
So it's best to change both the MIME type *and* the filename extension,
just to be on the safe side.

By the way: New mailing list feature; the list archives are
searchable.  Go to http://www.roaringpenguin.com/search/ and select
"Only MIMEDefang mailing list archive" as the search scope.