[Mimedefang] Error: Filter did not remove UNFINISHED file (Was RE: Problem building on FreeBSD)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Feb 8 10:30:43 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Barry Byrne wrote:

> Also, I haven't had time to explore the possiblilities of MIMEDefang yet,
> but it looks good. I'm hoping to replace a current installation of Amavis
> with MIMEDefang as it looks to be more powerful.

You should definitely look at using the multiplexor.  It's much faster.

MIMEDefang is probably a lot more powerful than Amavis, simply because
it is written as a milter.  Filtering at the SMTP level gives you a lot
more options to do cool things than filtering at the delivery-agent
level.

There are still valid uses for delivery-agent filtering of course;
anything done on a per-user basis belongs there.